Two months ago today I bought this new thing called Cryptocurrency for the very first time. Yup, I bought Bitcoin, but then I bought a second and then a third! However, I did not buy them as an investment, simply to find out what it was all about…the problem is I made a 500% gain. Nice problem to have!
My step-by-step journey…before I bought…and “my what I think insights” for everyone yet to begin their investment in Cryptocurrency
- I grasped that Bitcoin is not Cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is the market for all digital “coins” of which there are well over 700 different versions that have an extraordinary array of names, reasons for existing and, rather importantly, values.
- Bitcoin may be simply one of those 700 different currencies, but it is by far the most important right now, because we owe all that has followed its original launch in 2009 to Bitcoin. For that we should be thankful, not least because it brought blockchain into view.
- That blockchain is a whole other blog post coming up soon, but just as you have become familiar with the terms: search engines, email, blogs, webinars, social media and many other internet revolutions, you will start to hear this word over and over…blockchain, blockchain, blockchain. It is going to change the corporate world from the foundations up. Keep watching for that blog
- That a Cryptocurrency can be designed for an extraordinary array of reasons, serving many different needs and that actually there are likely to be thousands
- That Cryptocurrency will change the Global Monetary System forever, it already is, but it will then lead to even more creative money systems
- That a lot of people are very excited by this…people? Oh the type of people that have been at the forefront of the world’s entire redesign over the last two decades…those with vast influence
- That at some point I would have to say “enough with the research” and make a choice: “am I in or am I sitting on the side line”
- Finally, but not exhaustively, that there are three ways to be involved
Three ways to be involved…what does that even mean? I just want to buy Bitcoin! How you enter this market – the Cryptocurrency space – is not just about which currency you buy first, or even how you buy it. I mean one of the three options doesn’t even involve buying any. Yes, I have more blogs to write than I thought.
What about the 500% gain problem?
Think about this. You do your research with this kind of diligent mindset to a, let’s be honest, level pushing beyond sanity. You then choose your moment to buy. Quickly you buy two more currencies and you watch closely. You are still classing this as research. Before your eyes it unfolds. It is relentless. It is not even day after day, it feels like hour after hour, literally for weeks. Two of them go up…and up…and keep going up. A minor blip here and one there. But the march is inexorable. Then one of them hits 500% gain. The press is going nuts about it. OK not YOUR press, my press! Remember, normality has changed for me!
What are you thinking? Well I was not thinking “how clever am I”, believe it or not. I was thinking: “OK I need a correction, at least one significant fall, because nothing can always go up and, more importantly, I DIDN’T TELL ANYONE!”
Yes I made 500% gain and I was truly worried that I had not told anyone – not even my partner – to buy. That to me is what should be thought of as a big problem. I hadn’t told you either!
Problem solved: the few days leading up to the two month anniversary BOTH huge gains have been decimated. Phew! Yes the correction has come. It is still going on. Even more Phew! The market is taking a battering…well some of it. My biggest Phew! Nothing can go up for ever, right…that is very NOT subtle hint to those holding their huge share portfolios right now.
But I thought you were going to tell us how to buy…? I am…actually I have…not until you have done all this research, so simply keep reading. And please, please think about this…if you were buying Bitcoin right now, would you want to know if it had found its floor first? I guessed so…how will you know? Keep reading!
The Next Chapter will be with you very soon.